Proposed research topics for
China-US Center on Medical Professionalism
From 2009 on the
China-U.S. Center on Medical Professionalism, PUHSC,
plans to launch and support 6-8 research projects
each year. The amounts awarded to grantees will
range from 65000RMB to 100,000RMB annually.
Subject of primary interest to the Center include:
1. A comparative study of ideas and principles of
medical professionalism, in China and the U.S.
2. The forces in the healthcare system that promote
or hinder the development of professionalism,
including the role of law, government and hospitals.
3. An analysis of the relationship between the
ideals of medical professionalism and physician
behaviour (including “hidden rules”).
4. Survey on patients’ perspectives on medical
5. The impact of payment models and physician
salaries on medical professionalism: the actual
state of the art and its implications.
6. Strategies to promote medical professionalism in
Chinese practice including:
of Health (national and local)
2) Medical school
3) Chinese Medical Doctor Association
4) Hospitals and Continuing Medical Education.
http://medprof.bjmu.edu.cn to find more
information and download the application form. The
application information is available as of Feb 15,
2009 and the application deadline is May 30, 2009.
concerns can be addressed to the Center directly via
phone or fax at 86-10-82805543 or via email at